Aug 17, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
BROOKLYN, Mich. – The first big wreck of Sunday’s Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway took place just 25 laps into the scheduled 200-lap event.
Kenseth’s and Bayne’s cars were taken to the garage for repairs, while the other cars underwent repairs on pit road.
The big wreck was the third caution of the race. The first came out on Lap 3 when Kyle Busch slammed into the Turn 4 wall, causing enough damage to send him to the Sprint Cup garage.
There was another caution on Lap 20, but that was a scheduled competition caution due to the track conditions having changed dramatically due to weather from Friday’s and Saturday’s practice sessions, as well as heavy rain Saturday night.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/6 on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton eases to Italian GP pole at Monza 0
- Hamilton completes practice clean sweep at Monza 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 2
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 1