Aug 17, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
BROOKLYN, Mich. – The first big wreck of Sunday’s Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway took place just 25 laps into the scheduled 200-lap event.
Kenseth’s and Bayne’s cars were taken to the garage for repairs, while the other cars underwent repairs on pit road.
The big wreck was the third caution of the race. The first came out on Lap 3 when Kyle Busch slammed into the Turn 4 wall, causing enough damage to send him to the Sprint Cup garage.
There was another caution on Lap 20, but that was a scheduled competition caution due to the track conditions having changed dramatically due to weather from Friday’s and Saturday’s practice sessions, as well as heavy rain Saturday night.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0
- Hamilton tops FP2 as night falls in Singapore 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- Report: Why Mark Martin couldn’t be Danica Patrick’s driving coach 6