Aug 17, 2014, 1:56 PM EST
BROOKLYN, Mich. – The first big wreck of Sunday’s Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway took place just 25 laps into the scheduled 200-lap event.
Kenseth’s and Bayne’s cars were taken to the garage for repairs, while the other cars underwent repairs on pit road.
The big wreck was the third caution of the race. The first came out on Lap 3 when Kyle Busch slammed into the Turn 4 wall, causing enough damage to send him to the Sprint Cup garage.
There was another caution on Lap 20, but that was a scheduled competition caution due to the track conditions having changed dramatically due to weather from Friday’s and Saturday’s practice sessions, as well as heavy rain Saturday night.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5