Aug 17, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
UPDATE (1:51 p.m. ET): NASCAR’s statistics account on Twitter has confirmed that Busch has returned to the race track at Lap 29.
Kyle Busch got loose off of Turn 4 and tagged the outside wall to bring out the first yellow of the day in the Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway.
After the incident, Busch quickly wheeled his damaged No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota to the garage.
The last three weeks have been rough for Busch and his team. He suffered an engine failure two weeks ago at Pocono, and last week at Watkins Glen, he soldiered to a 40th-place finish after an extended garage stay for repairs following a run-in with Martin Truex Jr.
ESPN’s Dr. Jerry Punch reported that the No. 18 suffered right-front and right-rear suspension damage in addition to the obvious cosmetic issues.
During the 10 races since the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte in May, Busch has suffered four finishes of 40th or worse. Within that stretch, he also finished runner-up three times in a four-race period.
Obviously, it’s been feast or famine lately for “Rowdy,” and unfortunately for him, it appears he’ll get the latter again today in the Irish Hills.
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/5 at 9:30am ET on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 1
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 4
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 4