Aug 17, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
UPDATE (1:51 p.m. ET): NASCAR’s statistics account on Twitter has confirmed that Busch has returned to the race track at Lap 29.
Kyle Busch got loose off of Turn 4 and tagged the outside wall to bring out the first yellow of the day in the Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan International Speedway.
After the incident, Busch quickly wheeled his damaged No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota to the garage.
The last three weeks have been rough for Busch and his team. He suffered an engine failure two weeks ago at Pocono, and last week at Watkins Glen, he soldiered to a 40th-place finish after an extended garage stay for repairs following a run-in with Martin Truex Jr.
ESPN’s Dr. Jerry Punch reported that the No. 18 suffered right-front and right-rear suspension damage in addition to the obvious cosmetic issues.
During the 10 races since the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte in May, Busch has suffered four finishes of 40th or worse. Within that stretch, he also finished runner-up three times in a four-race period.
Obviously, it’s been feast or famine lately for “Rowdy,” and unfortunately for him, it appears he’ll get the latter again today in the Irish Hills.
- NHRA: Beckman blazes to second Funny Car win of season at Kansas; Crampton, Enders-Stevens also win 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 6
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0