Aug 18, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Over the last four weeks, Jeff Gordon and his No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports team have been perhaps the most impressive group in all of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
During this stretch, Gordon has earned two wins at Indianapolis and at Michigan this past Sunday. And had he not suffered a power failure at Watkins Glen after leading 29 laps, he may have won there, too.
With his Michigan victory, Gordon has claimed the top seed in the Chase Grid with three regular season races remaining. But is the No. 24 camp peaking too early?
NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty ponders the question in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 0
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 24
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2