Aug 18, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Over the last four weeks, Jeff Gordon and his No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports team have been perhaps the most impressive group in all of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
During this stretch, Gordon has earned two wins at Indianapolis and at Michigan this past Sunday. And had he not suffered a power failure at Watkins Glen after leading 29 laps, he may have won there, too.
With his Michigan victory, Gordon has claimed the top seed in the Chase Grid with three regular season races remaining. But is the No. 24 camp peaking too early?
NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty ponders the question in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1
- Jeff Gordon announces 2015 as final full-time season 43
- NASCAR: Trackside shopping set to change as part of new Fanatics deal (UPDATED) 10
- Brian Vickers to return to racing at Las Vegas after health scare 9