Aug 18, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Over the last four weeks, Jeff Gordon and his No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports team have been perhaps the most impressive group in all of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
During this stretch, Gordon has earned two wins at Indianapolis and at Michigan this past Sunday. And had he not suffered a power failure at Watkins Glen after leading 29 laps, he may have won there, too.
With his Michigan victory, Gordon has claimed the top seed in the Chase Grid with three regular season races remaining. But is the No. 24 camp peaking too early?
NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty ponders the question in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1