Aug 18, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Over the last four weeks, Jeff Gordon and his No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports team have been perhaps the most impressive group in all of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
During this stretch, Gordon has earned two wins at Indianapolis and at Michigan this past Sunday. And had he not suffered a power failure at Watkins Glen after leading 29 laps, he may have won there, too.
With his Michigan victory, Gordon has claimed the top seed in the Chase Grid with three regular season races remaining. But is the No. 24 camp peaking too early?
NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty ponders the question in the clip above.
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 0
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 1
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2