Aug 19, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
It’s all downhill from here to next month’s inaugural race for the all-electric FIA Formula E championship in Beijing.
Today’s fifth and final F-E preseason test at Donington Park in England saw e.dams-Renault driver Sebastien Buemi pop a 1 minute, 31.792 second lap that proved to be the fastest of the day.
Buemi, who also serves as a race driver for Toyota’s World Endurance Championship team and a tester in Formula One for Red Bull Racing, ended up topping all but one of the five F-E preseason tests.
Behind Buemi was his e.dams-Renault teammate, Nicolas Prost, who logged a lap of 1 minute, 32.117 seconds.
As for American-based teams Andretti Autosport and Dragon Racing, their cars were scattered along the speed charts.
Andretti’s Franck Montagny was third-fastest (1:32.143) behind the e.dams-Renault duo, while Lotus F1 tester Charles Pic was 13th (1:32.841) in the team’s second car. Dragon had Jerome d’Ambrosio in eighth (1:32.646), and IndyCar veteran Oriol Servia in 16th (1:33.411).
“So far, so good,” Montagny said in a series release. “In terms of lap time, we’re not too bad, in terms of performance, true performance; in race mode, we’re good too, so I’m quite confident.”
Montagny will race the full F-E season with Andretti, while d’Ambrosio and another IndyCar regular, Mike Conway, have been confirmed to do the same for Dragon.
Mahindra Racing’s Bruno Senna (1:32.249) and Virgin Racing’s Sam Bird (1:32.292) rounded out the Top 5 overall speeds today. Just under one second covered the Top 10, from Buemi to Venturi’s Nick Heidfeld (1:32.775).
According to the series, a combined total of 1,222 laps were run today by the teams, which each ran all four of their cars.
The Formula E season begins September 13th with the Beijing ePrix, which will be contested on a 20-turn street circuit inside the city’s Olympic Village.
Here now is a smattering of social media from the test (including a demonstration of how F-E drivers will change cars during pit stops from Senna’s teammate, Karun Chandhok), as well as today’s lap times…
FIA Formula E – Preseason Test 5 at Donington Park, UK
1. Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, 1:31.792s
2. Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, 1:32.117s
3. Franck Montagny, Andretti Autosport, 1:32.143s
4. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, 1:32.249s
5. Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, 1:32.292s
6. Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.293s
7. Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, 1:32.369s
8. Jerome d’Ambrosio, Dragon Racing, 1:32.646s
9. Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, 1:32.663s
10. Nick Heidfeld, Venturi, 1:32.775s
11. Nelson Piquet, China Racing, 1:32.808s
12. Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, 1:32.821s
13. Charles Pic, Andretti Autosport, 1:32.841s
14. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.867s
15. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, 1:32.892s
16. Oriol Servia, Dragon Racing, 1:33.411s
17. Antonio Garcia, China Racing, 1:33.469s
18. Takuma Sato, Amlin Aguri, 1:35.425s
19. Michela Cerruti, Trulli, 1:35.444s
20. Katherine Legge, Amlin Aguri, 1:38.112s
Dec 18, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
It lasts only four months, but there’ll be lots of action on the schedule for the 2015 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:26 PM EST
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will be slinging some pre-Christmas dirt this Saturday in an all-star sprint car race in DuQuoin, Ill.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
One of Kurt Busch’s sponsors has joined team owner Gene Haas in backing the driver in his ongoing dispute with ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Want to have a good laugh or two? Check out all of the bloopers and behind-the-scenes fun from NASCAR America over this past year.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
NASCAR announced that a Camping World Truck Series crew member has been suspended for violating the sanctioning body’s substance abuse policy.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
RoC, Mecum, and two F1 “Road To:” specials make for motors block on NBCSN tonight starting at 7 p.m. ET.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Will Power is a closet breakdancer? Who knew? Find out in the latest edition of The Penske Files.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Sauber’s 2015 car is the second to pass crash test.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
No Franchitti in 2015 as CGR announces Rolex 24 lineup.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Penske’s newest star to head to NFL’s biggest game.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:21 PM EST
Darrell Wallace Jr. joins Roush Fenway Racing.
Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age
Dec 18, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
In less than one year, Chase Elliott went from the driver of a start-up team to the youngest champion in NASCAR history.
Dec 18, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Almirola broke into the Chase for the Sprint Cup with a rain-shortened win at Daytona in the summer.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
The engineer market is busy in F1, as well.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Kasey Kahne struggled at times in 2014, but there’s great promise for 2015 with a new contract, new crew chief and an extension from his primary sponsor.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:46 AM EST
Di Montezemolo and Walsh now part of F1’s controlling shareholder Board of Directors.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:11 AM EST
Menards stays with RCR’s XFINITY program.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Second SPM IndyCar seat up for grabs.
Dec 17, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
NASCAR revealed the 2015 schedules for the Whelen Modified Tour and its Southwest Modified Tour, including a first-time visit at the legendary Hickory (NC) Motor Speedway.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1