Aug 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
After months of anticipation, Joe Gibbs Racing finally announced today that it will expand to a four-car Sprint Cup operation next season – with Carl Edwards (pictured, right) coming over to drive the new No. 19 ARRIS Toyota.
But that wasn’t the only bit of news from the JGR camp.
Mexican up-and-comer Daniel Suarez (pictured, left) was also announced to drive the team’s No. 18 Nationwide Series car in 2015.
NASCAR AMERICA will have coverage of JGR’s big day tonight at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
If you can’t be near a TV, you can STREAM IT online or on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
On tap for today’s show:
- NBCSN’s Marty Snider was at JGR headquarters for today’s announcement, and he was able to speak with Edwards and Suarez about their new opportunities. You’ll also hear from two of Edwards’ Sprint Cup teammates-to-be, Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch, on how they plan to work with “Cousin Carl.”
- Also, NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast visited Hendrick Motorsports to speak with Jeff Gordon‘s crew chief, Alan Gustafson, about their victory on Sunday at Michigan and how Gordon’s reclaimed confidence has the No. 24 team roaring into the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
- And we’ll take a listen to all the best radio bits from Sunday’s Pure Michigan 400 in the latest edition of “Scan All 43.”
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 6:30 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 2
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1