Aug 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
After months of anticipation, Joe Gibbs Racing finally announced today that it will expand to a four-car Sprint Cup operation next season – with Carl Edwards (pictured, right) coming over to drive the new No. 19 ARRIS Toyota.
But that wasn’t the only bit of news from the JGR camp.
Mexican up-and-comer Daniel Suarez (pictured, left) was also announced to drive the team’s No. 18 Nationwide Series car in 2015.
NASCAR AMERICA will have coverage of JGR’s big day tonight at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
If you can’t be near a TV, you can STREAM IT online or on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
On tap for today’s show:
- NBCSN’s Marty Snider was at JGR headquarters for today’s announcement, and he was able to speak with Edwards and Suarez about their new opportunities. You’ll also hear from two of Edwards’ Sprint Cup teammates-to-be, Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch, on how they plan to work with “Cousin Carl.”
- Also, NBCSN’s Kelli Stavast visited Hendrick Motorsports to speak with Jeff Gordon‘s crew chief, Alan Gustafson, about their victory on Sunday at Michigan and how Gordon’s reclaimed confidence has the No. 24 team roaring into the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
- And we’ll take a listen to all the best radio bits from Sunday’s Pure Michigan 400 in the latest edition of “Scan All 43.”
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 6:30 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- Montoya fastest on opening day of Indianapolis 500 practice 2
- Indy 500 refresher running, RoP gets underway today at IMS 0
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 7