Aug 20, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Although the Verizon IndyCar Series season is coming to a close in the next two weeks, Mike Conway still has a jam-packed remaining final few months of 2014.
Conway will make his final start of the 2014 IndyCar campaign in the No. 20 Fuzzy’s Vodka Chevrolet for Ed Carpenter Racing at Sonoma Raceway, and he seeks his third win of the year.
“Sonoma is a really cool circuit,” said Conway in the team’s advance release.
“But it is a tricky place too. I don’t why but the track surface doesn’t have the grip level that it did previously. The up and down elevation changes and the blind corners like turns 3 and 6 make the circuit very challenging. It’s always a wild ride in qualifying. You are right on the edge to get a good lap.”
Conway expressed that the ECR squad has made strides on its permanent road course setup; Conway hasn’t qualified or finished particularly well on the first three this year. At Sonoma, he has a best finish of third, achieved his rookie year with Dreyer & Reinbold Racing.
“I think our street circuit setup was good all year but we did struggle at some of the permanent road tracks earlier in the year,” said Conway. “But I feel that we are getting much better and I’m excited about heading back to Sonoma. I’m looking forward to a successful weekend.”
From here, Conway shifts in the FIA Formula E Championship with Dragon Racing; that season kicks off Sept. 13 in China, and then a week later he’ll be back in the U.S., making his Toyota Racing debut in the FIA World Endurance Championship.
Both of those seasons continue into the winter months.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 0
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2