Aug 20, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Upon his return to the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires, young American Ryan Phinny has showed promise at both Toronto and Mid-Ohio while driving the No. 28 Casamigos entry for Bryan Herta Autosport.
Phinny, who lives in Southern California, now will have his chance to shine in Northern California at Sonoma under the auspices of Belardi Auto Racing.
He’ll take over the No. 4 entry for this race, which ran through Toronto with Alex Baron at the wheel and at Mid-Ohio with Axcil Jefferies. The Casamigos logo and signage will carry over as well.
Phinny will be the teammate for Indy Lights points leader Gabby Chaves, who looks to secure the title this weekend.
“I’m excited to run the Casamigos car with Belardi this coming weekend at Sonoma,” Phinny said in a team release. “They’ve had a great year so far and I’m looking forward to a strong finish for the 2014 season.”
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2