Aug 20, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Upon his return to the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires, young American Ryan Phinny has showed promise at both Toronto and Mid-Ohio while driving the No. 28 Casamigos entry for Bryan Herta Autosport.
Phinny, who lives in Southern California, now will have his chance to shine in Northern California at Sonoma under the auspices of Belardi Auto Racing.
He’ll take over the No. 4 entry for this race, which ran through Toronto with Alex Baron at the wheel and at Mid-Ohio with Axcil Jefferies. The Casamigos logo and signage will carry over as well.
Phinny will be the teammate for Indy Lights points leader Gabby Chaves, who looks to secure the title this weekend.
“I’m excited to run the Casamigos car with Belardi this coming weekend at Sonoma,” Phinny said in a team release. “They’ve had a great year so far and I’m looking forward to a strong finish for the 2014 season.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 11
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 24
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6