Aug 20, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Upon his return to the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires, young American Ryan Phinny has showed promise at both Toronto and Mid-Ohio while driving the No. 28 Casamigos entry for Bryan Herta Autosport.
Phinny, who lives in Southern California, now will have his chance to shine in Northern California at Sonoma under the auspices of Belardi Auto Racing.
He’ll take over the No. 4 entry for this race, which ran through Toronto with Alex Baron at the wheel and at Mid-Ohio with Axcil Jefferies. The Casamigos logo and signage will carry over as well.
Phinny will be the teammate for Indy Lights points leader Gabby Chaves, who looks to secure the title this weekend.
“I’m excited to run the Casamigos car with Belardi this coming weekend at Sonoma,” Phinny said in a team release. “They’ve had a great year so far and I’m looking forward to a strong finish for the 2014 season.”
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1