Aug 20, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Upon his return to the Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires, young American Ryan Phinny has showed promise at both Toronto and Mid-Ohio while driving the No. 28 Casamigos entry for Bryan Herta Autosport.
Phinny, who lives in Southern California, now will have his chance to shine in Northern California at Sonoma under the auspices of Belardi Auto Racing.
He’ll take over the No. 4 entry for this race, which ran through Toronto with Alex Baron at the wheel and at Mid-Ohio with Axcil Jefferies. The Casamigos logo and signage will carry over as well.
Phinny will be the teammate for Indy Lights points leader Gabby Chaves, who looks to secure the title this weekend.
“I’m excited to run the Casamigos car with Belardi this coming weekend at Sonoma,” Phinny said in a team release. “They’ve had a great year so far and I’m looking forward to a strong finish for the 2014 season.”
- WATCH LIVE: Monaco GP Race Day on NBCSN and Live Extra from 7am, NBC from 7:30am 0
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0