Aug 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EST
Kyle Busch (who else) earned the No. 1 qualifying position Wednesday afternoon for this evening’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Busch, who is racing in the Trucks, Nationwide and Sprint Cup races this weekend at BMS, hoping to sweep all three events for only the second time in NASCAR history (he did it the first time in August 2010), had a top speed of 124.662 mph.
Sixth through 10th in the qualifying session were German Quiroga Jr. (123.610), Michigan winner Johnny Sauter (123.570), Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (123.467), Ben Rhodes (123.435) and Brandon Jones (123.403).
A total of 36 trucks qualified for Wednesday night’s race.
MotorSportsTalk will have the results after tonight’s race.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1