Aug 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Kyle Busch (who else) earned the No. 1 qualifying position Wednesday afternoon for this evening’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Busch, who is racing in the Trucks, Nationwide and Sprint Cup races this weekend at BMS, hoping to sweep all three events for only the second time in NASCAR history (he did it the first time in August 2010), had a top speed of 124.662 mph.
Sixth through 10th in the qualifying session were German Quiroga Jr. (123.610), Michigan winner Johnny Sauter (123.570), Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (123.467), Ben Rhodes (123.435) and Brandon Jones (123.403).
A total of 36 trucks qualified for Wednesday night’s race.
MotorSportsTalk will have the results after tonight’s race.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 0
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 10
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1