Aug 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Kyle Busch (who else) earned the No. 1 qualifying position Wednesday afternoon for this evening’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Busch, who is racing in the Trucks, Nationwide and Sprint Cup races this weekend at BMS, hoping to sweep all three events for only the second time in NASCAR history (he did it the first time in August 2010), had a top speed of 124.662 mph.
Sixth through 10th in the qualifying session were German Quiroga Jr. (123.610), Michigan winner Johnny Sauter (123.570), Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (123.467), Ben Rhodes (123.435) and Brandon Jones (123.403).
A total of 36 trucks qualified for Wednesday night’s race.
MotorSportsTalk will have the results after tonight’s race.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6