Aug 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Kyle Busch (who else) earned the No. 1 qualifying position Wednesday afternoon for this evening’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Busch, who is racing in the Trucks, Nationwide and Sprint Cup races this weekend at BMS, hoping to sweep all three events for only the second time in NASCAR history (he did it the first time in August 2010), had a top speed of 124.662 mph.
Sixth through 10th in the qualifying session were German Quiroga Jr. (123.610), Michigan winner Johnny Sauter (123.570), Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (123.467), Ben Rhodes (123.435) and Brandon Jones (123.403).
A total of 36 trucks qualified for Wednesday night’s race.
MotorSportsTalk will have the results after tonight’s race.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 2
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 12
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0