Aug 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EST
Kyle Busch (who else) earned the No. 1 qualifying position Wednesday afternoon for this evening’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Busch, who is racing in the Trucks, Nationwide and Sprint Cup races this weekend at BMS, hoping to sweep all three events for only the second time in NASCAR history (he did it the first time in August 2010), had a top speed of 124.662 mph.
Sixth through 10th in the qualifying session were German Quiroga Jr. (123.610), Michigan winner Johnny Sauter (123.570), Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. (123.467), Ben Rhodes (123.435) and Brandon Jones (123.403).
A total of 36 trucks qualified for Wednesday night’s race.
MotorSportsTalk will have the results after tonight’s race.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 3
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 10
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0