Aug 20, 2014, 8:52 PM EST
Heavy rain showers coupled with occasional lightning are delaying Wednesday’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Fans have been asked to relocate under the grandstands to avoid lightning.
The scheduled 200-lap race was supposed to go green at around 8:30 pm ET, but the track on the border of the eastern part of Tennessee and Virginia is being pelted by rain.
NASCAR has the Air Titan track driers at the track to start the drying process once the rain stops.
We’ll continue to update the situation if conditions change.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar champ Will Power has hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 0
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 13
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17