Aug 20, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Heavy rain showers coupled with occasional lightning are delaying Wednesday’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Fans have been asked to relocate under the grandstands to avoid lightning.
The scheduled 200-lap race was supposed to go green at around 8:30 pm ET, but the track on the border of the eastern part of Tennessee and Virginia is being pelted by rain.
NASCAR has the Air Titan track driers at the track to start the drying process once the rain stops.
We’ll continue to update the situation if conditions change.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10