Aug 20, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Heavy rain showers coupled with occasional lightning are delaying Wednesday’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Fans have been asked to relocate under the grandstands to avoid lightning.
The scheduled 200-lap race was supposed to go green at around 8:30 pm ET, but the track on the border of the eastern part of Tennessee and Virginia is being pelted by rain.
NASCAR has the Air Titan track driers at the track to start the drying process once the rain stops.
We’ll continue to update the situation if conditions change.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/6 on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton eases to Italian GP pole at Monza 0
- Hamilton completes practice clean sweep at Monza 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 2
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 1