Aug 20, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
The famed STP logo will once again grace the legendary No. 43 of Richard Petty Motorsports in Saturday night’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
The team announced that the Petty Blue and red colors of STP, obviously made famous by NASCAR Hall of Famer Richard Petty, will ride along on Aric Almirola‘s Ford Fusion in the race.
The team will also be promoting the return of STP to the car on Twitter with a special hash tag campaign of #ChaseBound. This will mark the first time STP has been in the Chase in its 10-year existence.
Almirola is shooting for his second Cup win of the season to go along with his triumph earlier in early July at Daytona.
At Bristol, Almirola has started 10 Sprint Cup races and has a total of 18 races there, including three top-fives and seven top-10s in those 18 collective starts.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0