Aug 20, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
The famed STP logo will once again grace the legendary No. 43 of Richard Petty Motorsports in Saturday night’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
The team announced that the Petty Blue and red colors of STP, obviously made famous by NASCAR Hall of Famer Richard Petty, will ride along on Aric Almirola‘s Ford Fusion in the race.
The team will also be promoting the return of STP to the car on Twitter with a special hash tag campaign of #ChaseBound. This will mark the first time STP has been in the Chase in its 10-year existence.
Almirola is shooting for his second Cup win of the season to go along with his triumph earlier in early July at Daytona.
At Bristol, Almirola has started 10 Sprint Cup races and has a total of 18 races there, including three top-fives and seven top-10s in those 18 collective starts.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 3
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0