WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 6:30 p.m. ET — Stewart won’t race at Bristol, talk with Jeff Burton, JJ and Harvick
Aug 20, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
On today’s LIVE edition of NASCAR America – and we’ll be live for the rest of the week at 6:30 pm ET to 7 pm – Rick Allen, Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman man the reins in our Charlotte studios.
Among today’s show highlights:
* We’ll talk with Jeff Burton, who once again will be filling in for Tony Stewart behind the wheel of the No. 14 Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet in this weekend’s Sprint Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway, where he won the 2002 spring race. Burton also drove for Stewart this past Sunday at Michigan.
* Rick, Kyle and Parker start breaking down this weekend’s racing action at Bristol. With the unpredictability of the race in Thunder Valley, it’s possibly the last wild card race left and the final chance for any drivers to make the Chase with a win.
* Parker uses the brand new NBC iRacing Simulator to illustrate the extreme banking of Bristol Motor Speedway.
* Marty Snider traveled to Waxhaw, N.C., on Tuesday night for the Jimmie Johnson Wellness Foundation triathlon to catch up with the 6-time champ. Part of their conversation was about Johnson’s recent string of poor finishes and what he and the No. 48 team can do to turn it around and gain some momentum heading into the Chase.
* Also on Tuesday, Kelli Stavast traveled to the GoPro Motorplex in Mooresville, N.C., for the Kevin Harvick Fan Prix. 21 contest winners won a trip to race GoKarts against Kevin Harvick and we caught up with the driver of the No. 4 Sprint Cup car (and GoKart) after the race.
* Highlights from today’s Camping World Trucks Series qualifying at Bristol.
* Last but not least, the top 5 finishes in Bristol history.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6