Aug 21, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
The rescheduled UNOH 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway is underway Thursday morning.
The race was postponed from its scheduled starting time on Wednesday night due to heavy rainstorms and lightning. But Thursday morning, the track is dry and the sun is shining.
Kyle Busch sits atop the pole of the 200-lap event around the .555-mile high-banked short track.
Because his team had to work on the truck during the mandatory post-qualifying impound period, former Bristol winner Timothy Peters started from the back of the 36-truck field.
We’ll have a full recap of the race after the checkered flag right here at MotorSportstalk.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 7
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3