Aug 22, 2014, 7:20 AM EDT
Formula 1 makes its long-awaited return at Spa-Francorchamps this weekend after the summer break, meaning that we’re also back with another instalment of NBC Sports’ original digital series “Paddock Pass”.
This week, we have the Belgian Grand Prix, which is one of the most famous and popular on the calendar. In part one, NBCSN’s Will Buxton catches up with 16-year-old Max Verstappen, who is set to make his F1 debut next year, Caterham’s Andre Lotterer ahead of his F1 debut, and Williams duo Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa.
In part two, we speak to Daniel Ricciardo following his victory in Hungary, and also speaks with current points leader, Nico Rosberg and Lotus’ Romain Grosjean ahead of the latter’s ‘home’ race in the absence of a French Grand Prix.
We also talked to Alexander Rossi following Marussia’s initial announcement that he would be replacing Max Chilton for this weekend’s race. However, the team has since performed a u-turn, confirming that Chilton will indeed race.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 2
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 5
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0