Aug 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Pastor Maldonado left the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps with his tail between his legs after a huge shunt on Friday afternoon saw his practice come to an early end.
The Venezuelan driver binned his car on the run down to Pouhons during FP2, after getting two wheels on the grass and losing control of his car. The crash was severe enough to warrant a precautionary check-up at the medical centre.
However, when asked by MotorSportsTalk about the incident, he said that he felt fine.
“I went for a quick check-up and I was okay,” Maldonado said. “The doctor said ‘you don’t need to be here’ so they sent me straight to the garage.
“It looks big, but it was not actually big. The problem was that I got a huge wheel spin on the exit of turn nine.”
He did not think that the incident was wholly his fault, saying: “I think it’s difficult to drive. It was the first lap, cold tires, maybe a bit from my side, a bit from the car. Maybe half [my fault].”
- Hamilton tops FP2 as night falls in Singapore 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- Report: Why Mark Martin couldn’t be Danica Patrick’s driving coach 5
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0