Aug 22, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
UPDATE (8:30 p.m. ET): After a short delay, engines have been fired and the Food City 300 is ready to roll. We’ll have a full report later tonight on MotorSportsTalk. Enjoy the race!
UPDATE (8:19 p.m. ET): Track drying continues at Bristol Motor Speedway, but NASCAR has confirmed that pre-race ceremonies are set to begin again in a few minutes. Additionally, the earlier rain has caused the sanctioning body to call for a competition caution early in tonight’s 300-lap race.
About 20 minutes before the scheduled green flag, a short shower fell over the Bristol Motor Speedway and it has delayed the start of tonight’s Food City 300 for the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
The overcast skies at BMS grew darker over the course of this afternoon’s Sprint Cup qualifying, but conditions stayed dry long enough to have Kevin Harvick claim the pole for tomorrow night’s Irwin Tools Night Race.
Luckily, it appears that the shower was quick to pass through and the Air Titans have now made their way onto the high-banked half-mile oval to do their thing. Additionally, the setting sun has started to peek through the clouds.
We’ll keep you posted on further developments involving tonight’s schedule.
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 2
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 5
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0