Aug 22, 2014, 3:04 PM EDT
He still participated in practice one, but that was hardly the session or sessions he hoped to run. Chilton came back in the second session Friday afternoon.
Still Rossi took the high road, in a statement released this afternoon.
Here’s the full text of that statement:
Thank you for your support everyone! Overall I feel it has been a very positive couple of days. Obviously I am disappointed not to be racing this weekend. I’ve spent my whole life and career working towards competing and I’m ready to race in F1. However, today was a very positive step in my role with Marussia F1 Team. I’m now even more ready to step into a race seat when called upon.
My role as the Marussia F1 Team Official Reserve Driver means that I will be asked to step up and also step down at times. I’m confident in myself, my abilities and the responsibility to be fully prepared to do what the team needs from me.
Driving the MR03 in this morning’s Free Practice session was extremely positive, despite the small technical challenges which affected the overall pace. It was great to get a session in the car and I’m looking forward to getting back behind the wheel again very soon!
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1