Aug 22, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
This morning’s GP3 Series free practice from Spa, which was rain-affected, featured one of the year’s wilder accidents as Russian rookie Konsantin Tereschenko went for a backwards barrel roll after hitting curbing at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps’ Bus Stop chicane.
You can see in the above video that Tereschenko, a 20-year-old driving for the Trident team and in his first ever practice session, was already backwards on entry. But upon hitting the curbing, the car was launched airborne into a barrel roll before contacting the wall.
Tereschenko climbed out under his own power, and in mere moments before the rear of his car lit up from an apparent fire.
He’d completed 11 laps in the session (results linked here).
Twitter users Sergio Martinez (@123pnz) and Sam Piroton (@sam_piroton) recapped the screen caps on Twitter.
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 0
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Bahrain Grand Prix (VIDEO) 1
- 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix Preview 0