Aug 22, 2014, 3:45 AM EDT
Formula 1’s summer break comes to an end today with the first free practice session for the Belgian Grand Prix, which will see the drivers tackle the fearsome Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in the 2014-spec cars for the first time.
You can watch FP1 on Live Extra from 4am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Spa is perhaps the most famous circuit in Formula 1, and stands as one of the few remaining classics on the calendar. As brilliant as the sport’s global expansion and domination is, we must endeavor to keep the truly legendary tracks alive and kicking if we are to remember its roots.
Nico Rosberg will be hoping to bounce back from his defeat to Lewis Hamilton at the Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend, with his lead now standing at just eleven points. The Briton is a fan of this track, though, having won the race back in 2010 for McLaren.
FP1 will also see Alexander Rossi step into the Marussia car for the first time ahead of his grand prix debut this weekend. The Californian has been drafted in to replace Max Chilton whilst his contractual issues are resolved, and he will be keen to impress as he becomes the first American to race in F1 since 2007.
You can watch all of the action from first practice at Spa on Live Extra from 4am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 0
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2