Aug 22, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
At 7-feet tall, ESPN NASCAR analyst, team co-owner and former NBA star Brad Daugherty is a formidable presence.
He’s also known to play a practical joke every now and then.
And while most people shorter than Daugherty would not try to extract revenge for one of those practical jokes, that’s probably not going to stop his driver, 5-foot-6 AJ Allmendinger – also known to pull a practical joke or two – from extracting payback one of these days.
Following Allmendinger’s inspiring win at Watkins Glen two weeks ago that put him into the expanded 16-driver Chase for the Sprint Cup – Allmendinger’s first career Cup triumph, as well as the first-ever Cup victory for his JTG Daugherty team – Allmendinger headed back to his motorcoach.
Once he got there, The Dinger found Daugherty had already been there and left a calling card of sorts.
“Brad TP’d my bus which I felt was kind of wrong,” Allmendinger said with a laugh while meeting with the media Friday morning at Bristol Motor Speedway. “I walked up and my bus had toilet paper all over the top of it, Scott Toilet Paper by the way.”
Give The Dinger bonus points to not forget one of his team’s top sponsors.
While Allmendinger won’t say if or what his potential payback may be, let Daugherty be on notice. When he least expects it, no matter how big and imposing Daugherty is, he’s likely to experience the Dinger’s wrath.
We can’t wait for how this one turns out.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory 4
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 1
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 43
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0