Aug 23, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
SONOMA, Calif. – Will Power banked his third pole and third win of the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season a week ago in Milwaukee. Saturday in Sonoma, he put himself in position for win number four following another Verizon P1 Award.
Power has his fourth pole in the last five Sonoma races (all except 2013) and seeks his fourth win at the track as well (all except 2012) on Sunday.
Josef Newgarden, who continues to hunt down his elusive first victory in the series, will roll off second in the No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Honda.
Scott Dixon, James Hinchcliffe, Ryan Briscoe and Helio Castroneves were the other Firestone Fast Six participants.
- From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 0
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 6
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 2
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 6
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5