Aug 23, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
SONOMA, Calif. – Will Power banked his third pole and third win of the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season a week ago in Milwaukee. Saturday in Sonoma, he put himself in position for win number four following another Verizon P1 Award.
Power has his fourth pole in the last five Sonoma races (all except 2013) and seeks his fourth win at the track as well (all except 2012) on Sunday.
Josef Newgarden, who continues to hunt down his elusive first victory in the series, will roll off second in the No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Honda.
Scott Dixon, James Hinchcliffe, Ryan Briscoe and Helio Castroneves were the other Firestone Fast Six participants.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0