Aug 23, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
SONOMA, Calif. – Will Power banked his third pole and third win of the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season a week ago in Milwaukee. Saturday in Sonoma, he put himself in position for win number four following another Verizon P1 Award.
Power has his fourth pole in the last five Sonoma races (all except 2013) and seeks his fourth win at the track as well (all except 2012) on Sunday.
Josef Newgarden, who continues to hunt down his elusive first victory in the series, will roll off second in the No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Honda.
Scott Dixon, James Hinchcliffe, Ryan Briscoe and Helio Castroneves were the other Firestone Fast Six participants.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3