Aug 23, 2014, 9:07 PM EST
SONOMA, Calif. – Will Power banked his third pole and third win of the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season a week ago in Milwaukee. Saturday in Sonoma, he put himself in position for win number four following another Verizon P1 Award.
Power has his fourth pole in the last five Sonoma races (all except 2013) and seeks his fourth win at the track as well (all except 2012) on Sunday.
Josef Newgarden, who continues to hunt down his elusive first victory in the series, will roll off second in the No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Honda.
Scott Dixon, James Hinchcliffe, Ryan Briscoe and Helio Castroneves were the other Firestone Fast Six participants.
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 2
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 9
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0