Aug 23, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
SONOMA, Calif. – Will Power banked his third pole and third win of the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season a week ago in Milwaukee. Saturday in Sonoma, he put himself in position for win number four following another Verizon P1 Award.
Power has his fourth pole in the last five Sonoma races (all except 2013) and seeks his fourth win at the track as well (all except 2012) on Sunday.
Josef Newgarden, who continues to hunt down his elusive first victory in the series, will roll off second in the No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Honda.
Scott Dixon, James Hinchcliffe, Ryan Briscoe and Helio Castroneves were the other Firestone Fast Six participants.
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7