Aug 23, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
Nothing goes hand-in-hand more with high school football than … Jimmie Johnson and NASCAR?
Yep, at least that’s what happened when Johnson visited Charlotte’s Independence High School’s football team during a recent practice session.
Johnson drove his No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet onto the playing field, drawing quizzical looks and other responses from the players, who appeared as if they weren’t aware they were taking part in a Gatorade “Beat The Heat” promotion.
The promotion was to impress upon the players the importance of remaining hydrated during things like practice and in games, especially in hot weather. Johnson even tossed the football around a bit with some of the players.
Check out the video by clicking the link below, courtesy of the syndicated Extra TV program:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1
- Jeff Gordon announces 2015 as final full-time season 43
- NASCAR: Trackside shopping set to change as part of new Fanatics deal (UPDATED) 10
- Brian Vickers to return to racing at Las Vegas after health scare 9