Aug 23, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
Nothing goes hand-in-hand more with high school football than … Jimmie Johnson and NASCAR?
Yep, at least that’s what happened when Johnson visited Charlotte’s Independence High School’s football team during a recent practice session.
Johnson drove his No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet onto the playing field, drawing quizzical looks and other responses from the players, who appeared as if they weren’t aware they were taking part in a Gatorade “Beat The Heat” promotion.
The promotion was to impress upon the players the importance of remaining hydrated during things like practice and in games, especially in hot weather. Johnson even tossed the football around a bit with some of the players.
Check out the video by clicking the link below, courtesy of the syndicated Extra TV program:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 2
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11