Aug 23, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
Nothing goes hand-in-hand more with high school football than … Jimmie Johnson and NASCAR?
Yep, at least that’s what happened when Johnson visited Charlotte’s Independence High School’s football team during a recent practice session.
Johnson drove his No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet onto the playing field, drawing quizzical looks and other responses from the players, who appeared as if they weren’t aware they were taking part in a Gatorade “Beat The Heat” promotion.
The promotion was to impress upon the players the importance of remaining hydrated during things like practice and in games, especially in hot weather. Johnson even tossed the football around a bit with some of the players.
Check out the video by clicking the link below, courtesy of the syndicated Extra TV program:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5