Aug 23, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
Nothing goes hand-in-hand more with high school football than … Jimmie Johnson and NASCAR?
Yep, at least that’s what happened when Johnson visited Charlotte’s Independence High School’s football team during a recent practice session.
Johnson drove his No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet onto the playing field, drawing quizzical looks and other responses from the players, who appeared as if they weren’t aware they were taking part in a Gatorade “Beat The Heat” promotion.
The promotion was to impress upon the players the importance of remaining hydrated during things like practice and in games, especially in hot weather. Johnson even tossed the football around a bit with some of the players.
Check out the video by clicking the link below, courtesy of the syndicated Extra TV program:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 0
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 3
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2:30a ET 0
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 3