Aug 23, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
Nothing goes hand-in-hand more with high school football than … Jimmie Johnson and NASCAR?
Yep, at least that’s what happened when Johnson visited Charlotte’s Independence High School’s football team during a recent practice session.
Johnson drove his No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet onto the playing field, drawing quizzical looks and other responses from the players, who appeared as if they weren’t aware they were taking part in a Gatorade “Beat The Heat” promotion.
The promotion was to impress upon the players the importance of remaining hydrated during things like practice and in games, especially in hot weather. Johnson even tossed the football around a bit with some of the players.
Check out the video by clicking the link below, courtesy of the syndicated Extra TV program:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0