Aug 23, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Two separate incidents that combined into a big one brought out the caution at Lap 125 of 500 in the Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Vickers was able to escape the incident, but Almirola and Busch wound up colliding in the middle of Turn 1 to trigger the caution.
Busch and Bowyer returned to the pits for damage repair, but Almirola’s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford wound up on the hook.
As of Lap 160, Larson and Bowyer were still on the lead lap, but Busch is now several laps off the pace.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 0
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0