Aug 23, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Two separate incidents that combined into a big one brought out the caution at Lap 125 of 500 in the Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Vickers was able to escape the incident, but Almirola and Busch wound up colliding in the middle of Turn 1 to trigger the caution.
Busch and Bowyer returned to the pits for damage repair, but Almirola’s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford wound up on the hook.
As of Lap 160, Larson and Bowyer were still on the lead lap, but Busch is now several laps off the pace.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5