Aug 23, 2014, 8:46 PM EST
Two separate incidents that combined into a big one brought out the caution at Lap 125 of 500 in the Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Vickers was able to escape the incident, but Almirola and Busch wound up colliding in the middle of Turn 1 to trigger the caution.
Busch and Bowyer returned to the pits for damage repair, but Almirola’s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford wound up on the hook.
As of Lap 160, Larson and Bowyer were still on the lead lap, but Busch is now several laps off the pace.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 7
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 5
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 19
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3