Aug 23, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Two separate incidents that combined into a big one brought out the caution at Lap 125 of 500 in the Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Vickers was able to escape the incident, but Almirola and Busch wound up colliding in the middle of Turn 1 to trigger the caution.
Busch and Bowyer returned to the pits for damage repair, but Almirola’s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford wound up on the hook.
As of Lap 160, Larson and Bowyer were still on the lead lap, but Busch is now several laps off the pace.
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 1
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 0
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 1
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0