Aug 23, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Two separate incidents that combined into a big one brought out the caution at Lap 125 of 500 in the Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Vickers was able to escape the incident, but Almirola and Busch wound up colliding in the middle of Turn 1 to trigger the caution.
Busch and Bowyer returned to the pits for damage repair, but Almirola’s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford wound up on the hook.
As of Lap 160, Larson and Bowyer were still on the lead lap, but Busch is now several laps off the pace.
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 0
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 6
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0