Aug 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Who will be the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion, the first such champion under the new elimination format of the Chase for the Sprint Cup?
We won’t know for another few months. But what we do know is that Las Vegas will host the season-ending “Champions Week” celebration for the Sprint Cup Series in early December.
And part of the festivities will be the popular “NASCAR After The Lap,” a special roundtable discussion featuring all of the Chasers that has led to some tremendously entertaining moments such as Jeff Gordon break dancing and Clint Bowyer being…well, Clint Bowyer (you know what we’re talking about if you’ve been watching this sport for a while).
This year’s edition has been announced to take place on Thursday, Dec. 4 at the Palms Hotel and Casino.
In addition, a related sweepstakes allows fans to enter at NASCARAfterTheLap.com for a chance to win prizes such as a 2015 Ford Mustang GT or a VIP trip for two to Las Vegas to see “NASCAR After The Lap” in person.
Also, the final three weeks of the sweepstakes will feature opportunities to instantly win tickets for races such as the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte, and the season-ending Ford Ecoboost 400 at Homestead-Miami.
Tickets for “NASCAR After The Lap” will go on sale Sept. 15 for $20 each and can be purchased at the above website.
All proceeds will benefit The NASCAR Foundation, which raises funds for children’s charities and other causes.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5