Aug 23, 2014, 7:45 AM EDT
Formula 1 returns from its summer break this weekend with the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps. After dominating the first half of the season, Mercedes is keen to pick up where it left off this weekend by securing win number ten of the season.
The Silver Arrows of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will be gunning to grab pole position in today’s qualifying session, but with rain falling and the likes of Fernando Alonso, Valtteri Bottas and Daniel Ricciardo drawing close, it should be an interesting fight at the front.
You can watch qualifying live on CNBC and Live Extra from 8am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Hamilton and Rosberg shared the Friday sessions, and both look to be in good stead for qualifying later today. However, in a rain-affected final session, it was the Williams of Valtteri Bottas that rose to the top of the timesheets, giving the team some hope of securing its second pole position of the season.
With Spa being typically indecisive about its weather, it could be a topsy-turvy qualifying session. The cool conditions have suited Ferrari so far this weekend, but the team has struggled on Saturdays so far this season.
The stage is set for an intriguing battle for pole position. Be sure to join us at 8am ET on CNBC and Live Extra for full coverage. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1