WATCH LIVE: Utah National qualifying and pre-show at 1 p.m. ET; Tomac, Martin currently top the charts
Aug 23, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
The final race of the 2014 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship has arrived, and the stakes could not be any higher with the 450 Class championship still undecided.
Ken Roczen and Ryan Dungey enter the Utah National separated by 20 points in the battle for the championship, and although Roczen looks likely to leave the Beehive State with a title in hand, there is a lot that can happen in the final two motos later this afternoon.
Qualifying was delayed by 30 minutes this morning, so the live stream will now get underway at 1:00 p.m. ET with the second qualifying session in both classes. The pre-show will follow at 2:15 p.m. ET. Click here to access the Live Extra stream, or watch it on the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
In the first qualifying session this morning, Eli Tomac topped the charts in the 450 Class with a lap time of 2:04.4, while Roczen was in third place a few seconds slower. Dungey, who went off-track at one point during the session, currently holds the 10th-fastest time in the division.
In the 250 Class, Jeremy Martin – who already clinched the championship in his division last weekend – turned the fastest lap, a 2:06.5 which was several seconds faster than the rest of the field. Frenchmen Marvin Musquin and Christophe Pourcel round out the current top three.
There’s still plenty of time for a leaderboard shakeup in the second qualifying session, and the results will determine the gate picks for the first motos of the afternoon. First motos in both classes will stream live starting at 3 p.m. ET, with second motos to follow at 5 p.m. ET.
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 0
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 1
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0