Aug 23, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Team Penske was Team Trifecta this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Brad Keselowski started things off with his first career win in the Camping World Truck Series after 62 starts.
And then there was Joey Logano, who made it a perfect Penske Racing sweep in Saturday night’s Irwin Tools Night Race.
It just as easily could have been Keselowski to make it to Victory Lane. He made one last bid to get past his teammate on the white flag lap, but simply couldn’t make his car stick.
Still, Keselowski had nothing to be ashamed of. If he couldn’t make it to Victory Lane, he’s equally happy that it was his teammate.
“Joey just ran a great race and we were really strong in that midsection and … we got it back a little bit on that last run,” Keselowski said.
“Our car was just about equal to Joey’s but he just had better track position than on us.”
Keselowski tried everything he could to catch Logano on the last lap, but just came up a bit short.
“It wouldn’t stick on that last lap,” Keselowski said. “I wanted it so bad.
“But still, a Penske 1-2 (finish). I’m sure Roger (team owner Roger Penske) is watching. I’m just real proud of this team.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 4