Aug 23, 2014, 11:08 PM EST
Team Penske was Team Trifecta this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Brad Keselowski started things off with his first career win in the Camping World Truck Series after 62 starts.
And then there was Joey Logano, who made it a perfect Penske Racing sweep in Saturday night’s Irwin Tools Night Race.
It just as easily could have been Keselowski to make it to Victory Lane. He made one last bid to get past his teammate on the white flag lap, but simply couldn’t make his car stick.
Still, Keselowski had nothing to be ashamed of. If he couldn’t make it to Victory Lane, he’s equally happy that it was his teammate.
“Joey just ran a great race and we were really strong in that midsection and … we got it back a little bit on that last run,” Keselowski said.
“Our car was just about equal to Joey’s but he just had better track position than on us.”
Keselowski tried everything he could to catch Logano on the last lap, but just came up a bit short.
“It wouldn’t stick on that last lap,” Keselowski said. “I wanted it so bad.
“But still, a Penske 1-2 (finish). I’m sure Roger (team owner Roger Penske) is watching. I’m just real proud of this team.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 12
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3