Aug 24, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton leaves Belgium tonight staring down the barrel of a 29-point deficit at the top of the F1 drivers’ championship after clashing with teammate Nico Rosberg in today’s race.
The Briton took the lead from Rosberg off the line, but suffered a puncture when the German driver hit his left-rear tire when attempting a pass on the second lap of the race.
Hamilton dropped down through the pack before pitting for repairs, but rarely got close to the points thereafter. He eventually retired from the race whilst running in sixteenth position.
Speaking to NBCSN after the race, Hamilton made his feelings on the incident clear, and he will now be hoping to reel Rosberg back in over the final seven rounds of the 2014 season.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 1
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 14
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0