Aug 24, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Lewis Hamilton leaves Belgium tonight staring down the barrel of a 29-point deficit at the top of the F1 drivers’ championship after clashing with teammate Nico Rosberg in today’s race.
The Briton took the lead from Rosberg off the line, but suffered a puncture when the German driver hit his left-rear tire when attempting a pass on the second lap of the race.
Hamilton dropped down through the pack before pitting for repairs, but rarely got close to the points thereafter. He eventually retired from the race whilst running in sixteenth position.
Speaking to NBCSN after the race, Hamilton made his feelings on the incident clear, and he will now be hoping to reel Rosberg back in over the final seven rounds of the 2014 season.
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 0
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 20
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0