Aug 24, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen secured his best result of the 2014 F1 season today in Belgium by finishing fourth at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
The Finn has endured a difficult first half of the year following his move back to Ferrari for 2014, leading to many questions about his motivation and passion for racing in Formula 1.
However, at a track where he has won four times, the Finn was once again on top form. After making an early pit stop, he got himself into the running for a podium finish before losing out to compatriot Valtteri Bottas towards the end of the race, meaning that he had to settle for fourth at the flag. Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso could only finish seventh.
Raikkonen spoken to NBCSN’s Will Buxton after the race, and said that he feels that the F14 T car is improving with every race. You can watch his interview in the video above.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0