Aug 24, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen secured his best result of the 2014 F1 season today in Belgium by finishing fourth at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
The Finn has endured a difficult first half of the year following his move back to Ferrari for 2014, leading to many questions about his motivation and passion for racing in Formula 1.
However, at a track where he has won four times, the Finn was once again on top form. After making an early pit stop, he got himself into the running for a podium finish before losing out to compatriot Valtteri Bottas towards the end of the race, meaning that he had to settle for fourth at the flag. Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso could only finish seventh.
Raikkonen spoken to NBCSN’s Will Buxton after the race, and said that he feels that the F14 T car is improving with every race. You can watch his interview in the video above.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 14
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2