Aug 24, 2014, 7:15 AM EDT
Following a close fight in qualifying yesterday, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are set to renew their tussle for supremacy at the front of the field in today’s Belgian Grand Prix.
For the first time since the Canadian Grand Prix back in June, our championship protagonists will start on the front of the grid together, setting the stage for a fascinating battle for victory at Spa-Francorchamps.
You can watch the Belgian Grand Prix live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 7.30am ET. CLICK HERE to watch via live stream.
Rosberg will lead the grid away from pole position for the fourth race in a row after seeing off Hamilton’s challenge in the final part of qualifying. The two drivers traded fastest sector times in the final stages of Q3, but the German driver just had the edge come the checkered flag. Hamilton was left lamenting a brake problem, but still starts from his highest grid position since the race in Montreal.
Behind the Silver Arrows, Sebastian Vettel finished as the best of the rest in third place, and he will be gunning to score his third podium finish of the season today. He is likely to face a stiff challenge from Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, who starts in fourth place ahead of Daniel Ricciardo and Valtteri Bottas.
The weather forecast is dry for the race, but after we got a taste of all four seasons in the space of a couple of hours yesterday at Spa, anything is possible. Either way, there’s going to be another fascinating battle at the front between Rosberg and Hamilton today.
You can watch the Belgian Grand Prix live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 7.30am ET.
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0