Aug 24, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Verizon IndyCar Series championship leader Will Power followed up his Milwaukee win one week ago with a pole position yesterday at Sonoma Raceway.
Today, he’ll aim for a fourth career win on the Northern California circuit – a result that would have him in even bigger command of the IndyCar title fight going into the season finale next Saturday at Auto Club Speedway.
You can watch today’s GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma at 4 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but you can also STREAM IT online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
With his Sonoma pole giving him an extra championship point, Power now leads by 40 over Team Penske teammate and fellow Sonoma race winner Helio Castroneves.
The Brazilian qualified sixth and needs to snap his recent string of sub-par finishes (19th at Mid-Ohio, 11th at Milwaukee) in order to stay in striking distance of Power ahead of the ACS finale, which will have double points on offer.
Also looking to challenge Power today is front-row starter Josef Newgarden. The last time he started there was at Mid-Ohio, where he put on a brilliant run that came undone late in the pits. Can the American, now signed for 2015 to the newly merged CFH Racing, take the win in wine country?
If you plan to stream today’s race, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 4 p.m. ET to stream NBCSN’s coverage of the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3