Aug 25, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
As we noted earlier today, the final four drivers on the Chase Grid going into last Saturday’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway are still in those spots with two regular season events to go.
Meanwhile, those outside the Grid are now facing serious pressure. Jamie McMurray was strong on Saturday but couldn’t get the victory, and is still in the same boat with other winless drivers like Kyle Larson, Kasey Kahne, and Austin Dillon.
Today, Rick Allen and Frank Stoddard of NASCAR AMERICA took a look at the drivers that are still on the Chase bubble as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series heads for Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend.
Video from NASCAR America
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 1
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 1
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 3
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 8
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0
- McLaren reveals Honda-powered MP4-30 for 2015 F1 season 2