Aug 25, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
As we noted earlier today, the final four drivers on the Chase Grid going into last Saturday’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway are still in those spots with two regular season events to go.
Meanwhile, those outside the Grid are now facing serious pressure. Jamie McMurray was strong on Saturday but couldn’t get the victory, and is still in the same boat with other winless drivers like Kyle Larson, Kasey Kahne, and Austin Dillon.
Today, Rick Allen and Frank Stoddard of NASCAR AMERICA took a look at the drivers that are still on the Chase bubble as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series heads for Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend.
- It’s ‘never-say-die’ for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7