Aug 25, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Both Rogers and crew chief Joe Gibbs downplayed the incident after the race. But with the 18 camp going through a rough stretch and the Chase now just two weeks away, the last thing they needed was a distraction like this.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, longtime crew chief and current Cup team owner Frank Stoddard shared his thoughts on the situation, and wondered if Gibbs needs to help Rogers by taking a harder line himself against Busch during such outbursts like these.
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP qualifying at 5a ET on NBCSN and Live Extra 0
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 2
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 5
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0