Aug 25, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Both Rogers and crew chief Joe Gibbs downplayed the incident after the race. But with the 18 camp going through a rough stretch and the Chase now just two weeks away, the last thing they needed was a distraction like this.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, longtime crew chief and current Cup team owner Frank Stoddard shared his thoughts on the situation, and wondered if Gibbs needs to help Rogers by taking a harder line himself against Busch during such outbursts like these.
Video from NASCAR America
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 0
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1
- Different agendas for Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. at Homestead test 1
- NBC, NBCSN set for mega U.S. Grand Prix weekend of coverage from Austin 2
- Lewis Hamilton to join TODAY Show on Wednesday 0