Aug 25, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Both Rogers and crew chief Joe Gibbs downplayed the incident after the race. But with the 18 camp going through a rough stretch and the Chase now just two weeks away, the last thing they needed was a distraction like this.
Today on NASCAR AMERICA, longtime crew chief and current Cup team owner Frank Stoddard shared his thoughts on the situation, and wondered if Gibbs needs to help Rogers by taking a harder line himself against Busch during such outbursts like these.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1