Aug 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
In 2013, Harvick parked his car in Hamlin’s pit stall after they were both involved in a late-race crash, leading to Hamlin shoving Harvick’s car out of the stall and then a conversation between the two drivers.
Then came last Saturday night, when Harvick’s front bumper made contact with the left-rear corner of Hamlin’s car as they battled for the lead. Hamlin was sent spinning off the inside frontstretch wall and into the path of Dale Earnhardt Jr., who was unable to avoid him.
After getting out of his wrecked No. 11 car, Hamlin heaved his HANS device at Harvick (who apologized for the incident). But in post-race interviews, Hamlin appeared to calm down and noted that he thought Harvick would not do such a thing intentionally to him.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, the crew talked about the Hamlin-Harvick incident. You can check out their thoughts in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10