Aug 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
In 2013, Harvick parked his car in Hamlin’s pit stall after they were both involved in a late-race crash, leading to Hamlin shoving Harvick’s car out of the stall and then a conversation between the two drivers.
Then came last Saturday night, when Harvick’s front bumper made contact with the left-rear corner of Hamlin’s car as they battled for the lead. Hamlin was sent spinning off the inside frontstretch wall and into the path of Dale Earnhardt Jr., who was unable to avoid him.
After getting out of his wrecked No. 11 car, Hamlin heaved his HANS device at Harvick (who apologized for the incident). But in post-race interviews, Hamlin appeared to calm down and noted that he thought Harvick would not do such a thing intentionally to him.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, the crew talked about the Hamlin-Harvick incident. You can check out their thoughts in the clip above.
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 0
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2