Aug 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
In 2013, Harvick parked his car in Hamlin’s pit stall after they were both involved in a late-race crash, leading to Hamlin shoving Harvick’s car out of the stall and then a conversation between the two drivers.
Then came last Saturday night, when Harvick’s front bumper made contact with the left-rear corner of Hamlin’s car as they battled for the lead. Hamlin was sent spinning off the inside frontstretch wall and into the path of Dale Earnhardt Jr., who was unable to avoid him.
After getting out of his wrecked No. 11 car, Hamlin heaved his HANS device at Harvick (who apologized for the incident). But in post-race interviews, Hamlin appeared to calm down and noted that he thought Harvick would not do such a thing intentionally to him.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA, the crew talked about the Hamlin-Harvick incident. You can check out their thoughts in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 3
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 10
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0