Aug 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
This year, Logano doesn’t need to worry about rallying from behind for a post-season berth. But he’s once again red-hot going into the Chase.
His win on Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway was not only his third Cup win of the year (Texas, Richmond), but also served as his fourth Top-5 and fifth Top-10 in the last five races.
So after this run of success, should the rest of the world consider Logano and his No. 22 Team Penske crew as the favorites to win the Cup this fall?
The answer doesn’t really matter to Logano.
“We’re going to do what we’ve got to do,” he said after his Bristol win. “They can underestimate us. They can overestimate us. I don’t really care. We’re going to go out there and do the best we can, do what we’ve been doing.
“…They can think whatever they want to think, but I know inside, this 22 team, this whole 22 team feels like we’re contenders to win this championship.”
Fair enough. But that didn’t stop Rick Allen and Frank Stoddard of NASCAR AMERICA from wondering if Logano’s becoming the man to beat in the championship. You can check out their thoughts above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 7
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 8
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 21
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 20
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 6