Aug 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
This year, Logano doesn’t need to worry about rallying from behind for a post-season berth. But he’s once again red-hot going into the Chase.
His win on Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway was not only his third Cup win of the year (Texas, Richmond), but also served as his fourth Top-5 and fifth Top-10 in the last five races.
So after this run of success, should the rest of the world consider Logano and his No. 22 Team Penske crew as the favorites to win the Cup this fall?
The answer doesn’t really matter to Logano.
“We’re going to do what we’ve got to do,” he said after his Bristol win. “They can underestimate us. They can overestimate us. I don’t really care. We’re going to go out there and do the best we can, do what we’ve been doing.
“…They can think whatever they want to think, but I know inside, this 22 team, this whole 22 team feels like we’re contenders to win this championship.”
Fair enough. But that didn’t stop Rick Allen and Frank Stoddard of NASCAR AMERICA from wondering if Logano’s becoming the man to beat in the championship. You can check out their thoughts above.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0