Aug 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
This year, Logano doesn’t need to worry about rallying from behind for a post-season berth. But he’s once again red-hot going into the Chase.
His win on Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway was not only his third Cup win of the year (Texas, Richmond), but also served as his fourth Top-5 and fifth Top-10 in the last five races.
So after this run of success, should the rest of the world consider Logano and his No. 22 Team Penske crew as the favorites to win the Cup this fall?
The answer doesn’t really matter to Logano.
“We’re going to do what we’ve got to do,” he said after his Bristol win. “They can underestimate us. They can overestimate us. I don’t really care. We’re going to go out there and do the best we can, do what we’ve been doing.
“…They can think whatever they want to think, but I know inside, this 22 team, this whole 22 team feels like we’re contenders to win this championship.”
Fair enough. But that didn’t stop Rick Allen and Frank Stoddard of NASCAR AMERICA from wondering if Logano’s becoming the man to beat in the championship. You can check out their thoughts above.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5