Aug 26, 2014, 7:06 PM EST
Creating a racing schedule is like baking a cake. You have to combine different ingredients the right way in order to achieve a sweet result.
In the case of the 2015 NASCAR schedules, NASCAR executive vice president of racing operations Steve O’Donnell and his team had to consider the different desires of drivers, teams, tracks, TV networks, and of course, the fans, before coming up with the final calendar.
As you’d figure, O’Donnell is enthusiastic about it.
“We’ve got to take in everybody’s input…But most importantly, it comes down to the fans and what’s in their best interest,” O’Donnell said during today’s schedule announcement on NASCAR AMERICA.
“[We've had] great collaboration this year with all of our track partners in the industry. Looking at all three national series, the ability to announce that all at once…is really unprecedented from a timing standpoint. [I'm] really, really excited about the future and 2015.”
To hear more of O’Donnell’s thoughts on the schedule, including what was the biggest change from NASCAR’s perspective, you can check out his full interview with Rick Allen in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 2
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0