Aug 26, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Score one for tradition.
As part of today’s 2015 NASCAR schedule announcement came official word that the Sprint Cup Series would once again be racing at Darlington Raceway on Labor Day weekend.
From 1950 to 2003, the sport and its rabid fans descended upon the egg-shaped oval in South Carolina every Labor Day weekend for one of NASCAR’s crown jewel events, the Southern 500.
For many in the base, NASCAR’s decision to end Darlington’s Labor Day legacy was a mistake. But one assumes that, to them, the mistake has been corrected with today’s announcement.
But while Darlington’s return to Labor Day weekend is big news, it’s not the only news as NASCAR AMERICA’s Kyle Petty and Jeff Burton note in their initial thoughts of the 2015 Cup schedule. You can hear what they have to say in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 0
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 0
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 20
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0