Aug 27, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
The battle royale that took place in the Pro Mazda Championship presented by Cooper Tires this season between eventual champion Spencer Pigot and runner-up Scott Hargrove amped up in intensity and drama at Sonoma Raceway last weekend.
Ordinarily that would be the end of it, except that both are in Canada this weekend for the Ultra 94 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada by Michelin season finale at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Bowmanville, Ontario.
And now it’s Hargrove who has a title on the line this weekend, with Pigot having the opportunity to play spoiler.
That was meant to be a guest appearance, but Hargrove’s consistency of finishing first or second in each Porsche GT3 Canada race this season has him on top of the points standings at 152-136, with Chris Green currently second.
Both Green and Pigot have two wins apiece this season and while Pigot has a mathematical chance at the title, he’s just shooting for further race wins.
Platinum Masters, Gold Cup and Silver Cup titles are also set to be decided this weekend.
Porsche GT3 Canada races alongside the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, which runs at CTMP this weekend as well.
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 0
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 2
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 1