Aug 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Sebastian Vettel’s longtime race engineer, Guillaume “Rocky” Rocquelin, will be promoted to Red Bull’s head of engineering in 2015.
It’s part of a couple bits of news related to the four-time World Champion confirmed on Wednesday. Rocquelin will oversee all engineers including Vettel’s new one, Gianpiero Lambiase, who joins from Force India.
Rocquelin and Vettel will have to work to sort out a new chassis for him at next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix in Monza. Autosport reported Wednesday the new chassis could be a fix for Vettel’s Spa pace issues, where he struggled to fifth place as teammate Daniel Ricciardo bagged his most dominant victory yet of his three this season.
Vettel also had a chassis change prior to the Spanish Grand Prix.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar champ Will Power has hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 0
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 13
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17