Aug 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Sebastian Vettel’s longtime race engineer, Guillaume “Rocky” Rocquelin, will be promoted to Red Bull’s head of engineering in 2015.
It’s part of a couple bits of news related to the four-time World Champion confirmed on Wednesday. Rocquelin will oversee all engineers including Vettel’s new one, Gianpiero Lambiase, who joins from Force India.
Rocquelin and Vettel will have to work to sort out a new chassis for him at next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix in Monza. Autosport reported Wednesday the new chassis could be a fix for Vettel’s Spa pace issues, where he struggled to fifth place as teammate Daniel Ricciardo bagged his most dominant victory yet of his three this season.
Vettel also had a chassis change prior to the Spanish Grand Prix.
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 0
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2