Aug 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Sebastian Vettel’s longtime race engineer, Guillaume “Rocky” Rocquelin, will be promoted to Red Bull’s head of engineering in 2015.
It’s part of a couple bits of news related to the four-time World Champion confirmed on Wednesday. Rocquelin will oversee all engineers including Vettel’s new one, Gianpiero Lambiase, who joins from Force India.
Rocquelin and Vettel will have to work to sort out a new chassis for him at next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix in Monza. Autosport reported Wednesday the new chassis could be a fix for Vettel’s Spa pace issues, where he struggled to fifth place as teammate Daniel Ricciardo bagged his most dominant victory yet of his three this season.
Vettel also had a chassis change prior to the Spanish Grand Prix.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1