Aug 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Sebastian Vettel’s longtime race engineer, Guillaume “Rocky” Rocquelin, will be promoted to Red Bull’s head of engineering in 2015.
It’s part of a couple bits of news related to the four-time World Champion confirmed on Wednesday. Rocquelin will oversee all engineers including Vettel’s new one, Gianpiero Lambiase, who joins from Force India.
Rocquelin and Vettel will have to work to sort out a new chassis for him at next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix in Monza. Autosport reported Wednesday the new chassis could be a fix for Vettel’s Spa pace issues, where he struggled to fifth place as teammate Daniel Ricciardo bagged his most dominant victory yet of his three this season.
Vettel also had a chassis change prior to the Spanish Grand Prix.
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1