Aug 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Sebastian Vettel’s longtime race engineer, Guillaume “Rocky” Rocquelin, will be promoted to Red Bull’s head of engineering in 2015.
It’s part of a couple bits of news related to the four-time World Champion confirmed on Wednesday. Rocquelin will oversee all engineers including Vettel’s new one, Gianpiero Lambiase, who joins from Force India.
Rocquelin and Vettel will have to work to sort out a new chassis for him at next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix in Monza. Autosport reported Wednesday the new chassis could be a fix for Vettel’s Spa pace issues, where he struggled to fifth place as teammate Daniel Ricciardo bagged his most dominant victory yet of his three this season.
Vettel also had a chassis change prior to the Spanish Grand Prix.
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 10
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 1