Aug 27, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Turner Scott Motorsports’ NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is in transition, as reports of the team’s unexpected and abrupt closing appear to have been presumptuous.
Reports of the team’s closing and employee layoffs coming was posted to Motorsport.com, and appeared to effect the Nos. 30 and 32 Truck teams. The No. 30 has been driven this season by Ron Hornaday and the No. 32 by a number of drivers; this week, Cameron Hayley was set to make his NCWTS debut at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
Hornaday sits third in the points with Ben Kennedy, a Sunoco Rookie-of-the-Year candidate, currently eighth.
Sources told CatchFence.com that plans are being made to field Kennedy at CTMP.
The team statement from Harry Scott reads:
“Turner Scott Motorsports remains in operation and will compete in this weekend’s NASCAR events. TSM’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race teams represented by the No. 42 driven by Kyle Larson and the No. 31 driven by Dylan Kwasniewski will complete this weekend as scheduled at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
“The No. 31 driven by Ben Kennedy and the No. 32 driven by Cameron Hayley in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will compete as scheduled at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this coming Sunday.
“My investment company, a co-owner of TSM, will continue to do all that it can to keep the team moving forward with or without our business partner Steve Turner. To all TSM employees, sponsors, partners and fans I pledge we will continue to do what we can to keep the teams racing hard each and every week of the season.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 0
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 1
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 2
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 8