Aug 27, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Turner Scott Motorsports’ NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is in transition, as reports of the team’s unexpected and abrupt closing appear to have been presumptuous.
Reports of the team’s closing and employee layoffs coming was posted to Motorsport.com, and appeared to effect the Nos. 30 and 32 Truck teams. The No. 30 has been driven this season by Ron Hornaday and the No. 32 by a number of drivers; this week, Cameron Hayley was set to make his NCWTS debut at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
Hornaday sits third in the points with Ben Kennedy, a Sunoco Rookie-of-the-Year candidate, currently eighth.
Sources told CatchFence.com that plans are being made to field Kennedy at CTMP.
The team statement from Harry Scott reads:
“Turner Scott Motorsports remains in operation and will compete in this weekend’s NASCAR events. TSM’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race teams represented by the No. 42 driven by Kyle Larson and the No. 31 driven by Dylan Kwasniewski will complete this weekend as scheduled at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
“The No. 31 driven by Ben Kennedy and the No. 32 driven by Cameron Hayley in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will compete as scheduled at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this coming Sunday.
“My investment company, a co-owner of TSM, will continue to do all that it can to keep the team moving forward with or without our business partner Steve Turner. To all TSM employees, sponsors, partners and fans I pledge we will continue to do what we can to keep the teams racing hard each and every week of the season.”
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0