WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 pm ET — Burton on replacing Stewart, Logano’s Bristol win, Atlanta look ahead
Aug 27, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, we take a final look back at last Saturday night’s race at Bristol and begin our in-depth look ahead to this Sunday night’s race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Rick Allen and Frank Stoddard anchor things starting at 5 pm ET from our Charlotte studioes, while Jeff Burton will join us from “Burton’s Garage.”
Among the highlights for today’s show:
* For the second straight race, Jeff Burton replaced Tony Stewart in the No. 14 Stewart-Haas Sprint Cup car last Saturday at Bristol. Jeff gives us his take on how the race went and how difficult it can be to get behind the wheel of someone else’s car.
* Natalie Sather visits the Team Penske shop today in Mooresville, N.C., to talk with the Bristol winner Joey Logano about the win, as well as the team’s goals for the final two regular season races and the upcoming Chase for the Sprint Cup.
* We start previewing Sunday’s race at Atlanta with track president and general manager Ed Clark, who tells us what to expect this weekend at the ultra-fast 1.5-mile track, as well as AMS’s new spring race date that begins in 2015.
* Parker Kligerman uses the brand new NBC iRacing Simulator to give us a unique perspective on racing at AMS.
* Scan All 43 takes us inside the Bristol night race for an all-access eavesdrop in on team radio communications between drivers, crew chiefs and spotters.
* The Top-5 finishes in Atlanta Motor Speedway history.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
And remember, NASCAR America is LIVE tonight on NBCSN at 6:30 pm ET.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0
- Rosberg quickest in Malaysia FP1 as Hamilton hits trouble 2
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 2
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2