Aug 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
After a three-race absence following his Aug. 9 sprint car accident at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr., Stewart will be back inside his familiar No. 14 Chevrolet.
SHR driver Kevin Harvick also re-tweeted today’s full statement from the team regarding Stewart racing in Sunday’s Oral-B USA 500.
Additionally, two SHR crew chiefs – Tony Gibson (No. 10, Danica Patrick) and Rodney Childers (No. 4, Harvick) reacted to the news earlier this afternoon:
Video from NASCAR America
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 2
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 10
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0