Aug 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
After a three-race absence following his Aug. 9 sprint car accident at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr., Stewart will be back inside his familiar No. 14 Chevrolet.
SHR driver Kevin Harvick also re-tweeted today’s full statement from the team regarding Stewart racing in Sunday’s Oral-B USA 500.
Additionally, two SHR crew chiefs – Tony Gibson (No. 10, Danica Patrick) and Rodney Childers (No. 4, Harvick) reacted to the news earlier this afternoon:
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1