Aug 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
After a three-race absence following his Aug. 9 sprint car accident at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr., Stewart will be back inside his familiar No. 14 Chevrolet.
SHR driver Kevin Harvick also re-tweeted today’s full statement from the team regarding Stewart racing in Sunday’s Oral-B USA 500.
Additionally, two SHR crew chiefs – Tony Gibson (No. 10, Danica Patrick) and Rodney Childers (No. 4, Harvick) reacted to the news earlier this afternoon:
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0