Aug 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
After a three-race absence following his Aug. 9 sprint car accident at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr., Stewart will be back inside his familiar No. 14 Chevrolet.
SHR driver Kevin Harvick also re-tweeted today’s full statement from the team regarding Stewart racing in Sunday’s Oral-B USA 500.
Additionally, two SHR crew chiefs – Tony Gibson (No. 10, Danica Patrick) and Rodney Childers (No. 4, Harvick) reacted to the news earlier this afternoon:
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 0
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0