Aug 28, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Today’s announcement comes almost three weeks after Stewart’s involvement in a fatal sprint car accident on Aug. 9 at a New York state dirt track, which claimed the life of 20-year-old competitor Kevin Ward Jr.
NBCSN contributor and USA Today writer Nate Ryan called in during today’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA to discuss how he and Stewart Haas Racing came to their decision, its link to the ongoing investigation of the Stewart/Ward crash, and possible concerns among SHR’s stable of sponsors.
You can hear his report in the clip above.
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 5