Aug 28, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Today’s announcement comes almost three weeks after Stewart’s involvement in a fatal sprint car accident on Aug. 9 at a New York state dirt track, which claimed the life of 20-year-old competitor Kevin Ward Jr.
NBCSN contributor and USA Today writer Nate Ryan called in during today’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA to discuss how he and Stewart Haas Racing came to their decision, its link to the ongoing investigation of the Stewart/Ward crash, and possible concerns among SHR’s stable of sponsors.
You can hear his report in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2