Aug 28, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Today’s announcement comes almost three weeks after Stewart’s involvement in a fatal sprint car accident on Aug. 9 at a New York state dirt track, which claimed the life of 20-year-old competitor Kevin Ward Jr.
NBCSN contributor and USA Today writer Nate Ryan called in during today’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA to discuss how he and Stewart Haas Racing came to their decision, its link to the ongoing investigation of the Stewart/Ward crash, and possible concerns among SHR’s stable of sponsors.
You can hear his report in the clip above.
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 0
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2