Aug 28, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Today’s announcement comes almost three weeks after Stewart’s involvement in a fatal sprint car accident on Aug. 9 at a New York state dirt track, which claimed the life of 20-year-old competitor Kevin Ward Jr.
NBCSN contributor and USA Today writer Nate Ryan called in during today’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA to discuss how he and Stewart Haas Racing came to their decision, its link to the ongoing investigation of the Stewart/Ward crash, and possible concerns among SHR’s stable of sponsors.
You can hear his report in the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 7
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0