Aug 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
With Mercedes signing Nico Rosberg to an extension earlier this year and with Lewis Hamilton under contract through 2015, no one’s doubting they have one of if not the best lineups on the Formula One grid.
The question, of course, is how well and for long the pair can continue to coexist, given the multiple scraps that have flared up this year, most recently during this past weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix.
For that reason, Mercedes’ Toto Wolff confirmed to reporters after Spa that contract extension talks with Hamilton will wait until after the season.
“At this stage things are very intense and you have to stay concentrated on the season,” Wolff said, via Autosport.
“But one thing is for sure: we are not going to talk to anybody else before having a very clear situation about how we can continue to work with Lewis.”
And with that said, we can let the rest of the season play out to determine how much longer this relationship will last.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 0
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6