Aug 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
With Mercedes signing Nico Rosberg to an extension earlier this year and with Lewis Hamilton under contract through 2015, no one’s doubting they have one of if not the best lineups on the Formula One grid.
The question, of course, is how well and for long the pair can continue to coexist, given the multiple scraps that have flared up this year, most recently during this past weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix.
For that reason, Mercedes’ Toto Wolff confirmed to reporters after Spa that contract extension talks with Hamilton will wait until after the season.
“At this stage things are very intense and you have to stay concentrated on the season,” Wolff said, via Autosport.
“But one thing is for sure: we are not going to talk to anybody else before having a very clear situation about how we can continue to work with Lewis.”
And with that said, we can let the rest of the season play out to determine how much longer this relationship will last.
Video from NASCAR America
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 1
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 5
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1