Aug 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
With Mercedes signing Nico Rosberg to an extension earlier this year and with Lewis Hamilton under contract through 2015, no one’s doubting they have one of if not the best lineups on the Formula One grid.
The question, of course, is how well and for long the pair can continue to coexist, given the multiple scraps that have flared up this year, most recently during this past weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix.
For that reason, Mercedes’ Toto Wolff confirmed to reporters after Spa that contract extension talks with Hamilton will wait until after the season.
“At this stage things are very intense and you have to stay concentrated on the season,” Wolff said, via Autosport.
“But one thing is for sure: we are not going to talk to anybody else before having a very clear situation about how we can continue to work with Lewis.”
And with that said, we can let the rest of the season play out to determine how much longer this relationship will last.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1