Aug 28, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
For the first time since his involvement in a fatal sprint car incident on Aug. 9, Tony Stewart will return to action in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
NASCAR AMERICA will have more on Stewart’s decision in today’s LIVE edition, airing at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Among those that will call in to discuss the decision are:
· NASCAR on NBC analyst Jeff Burton, who has driven Stewart’s No. 14 Chevrolet in the last two Sprint Cup races.
· USA Today writer Nate Ryan, who will talk about how this decision came about and if the announcement is a surprise considering that the investigation into the Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. incident is still ongoing.
· NBC News correspondent Kristen Dahlgren, on what type of reactions – if any – have come from the Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff’s Department and/or Ward’s family and hometown.
· NBC Sports legal analyst Jack Furlong, on whether this announcement will have any effect on the investigation.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0