Aug 28, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
For the first time since his involvement in a fatal sprint car incident on Aug. 9, Tony Stewart will return to action in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
NASCAR AMERICA will have more on Stewart’s decision in today’s LIVE edition, airing at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Among those that will call in to discuss the decision are:
· NASCAR on NBC analyst Jeff Burton, who has driven Stewart’s No. 14 Chevrolet in the last two Sprint Cup races.
· USA Today writer Nate Ryan, who will talk about how this decision came about and if the announcement is a surprise considering that the investigation into the Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. incident is still ongoing.
· NBC News correspondent Kristen Dahlgren, on what type of reactions – if any – have come from the Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff’s Department and/or Ward’s family and hometown.
· NBC Sports legal analyst Jack Furlong, on whether this announcement will have any effect on the investigation.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14