Aug 28, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
For the first time since his involvement in a fatal sprint car incident on Aug. 9, Tony Stewart will return to action in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
NASCAR AMERICA will have more on Stewart’s decision in today’s LIVE edition, airing at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Among those that will call in to discuss the decision are:
· NASCAR on NBC analyst Jeff Burton, who has driven Stewart’s No. 14 Chevrolet in the last two Sprint Cup races.
· USA Today writer Nate Ryan, who will talk about how this decision came about and if the announcement is a surprise considering that the investigation into the Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. incident is still ongoing.
· NBC News correspondent Kristen Dahlgren, on what type of reactions – if any – have come from the Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff’s Department and/or Ward’s family and hometown.
· NBC Sports legal analyst Jack Furlong, on whether this announcement will have any effect on the investigation.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Rosberg joins Hill, Prost and Senna as Monaco three-peat winners after gifted victory 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 53