Aug 28, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
For the first time since his involvement in a fatal sprint car incident on Aug. 9, Tony Stewart will return to action in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
NASCAR AMERICA will have more on Stewart’s decision in today’s LIVE edition, airing at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Among those that will call in to discuss the decision are:
· NASCAR on NBC analyst Jeff Burton, who has driven Stewart’s No. 14 Chevrolet in the last two Sprint Cup races.
· USA Today writer Nate Ryan, who will talk about how this decision came about and if the announcement is a surprise considering that the investigation into the Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. incident is still ongoing.
· NBC News correspondent Kristen Dahlgren, on what type of reactions – if any – have come from the Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff’s Department and/or Ward’s family and hometown.
· NBC Sports legal analyst Jack Furlong, on whether this announcement will have any effect on the investigation.
If you’re not near a TV, you can CLICK HERE to stream NASCAR AMERICA online and on your mobile device through NBC Sports Live Extra.
If you plan to stream, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2