Aug 29, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Tony Stewart‘s return to competition means a lot to his fellow drivers and teammates in the Sprint Cup garage, who have not seen him at the track for the last three weeks.
As you’d figure, many of those drivers were asked about the importance of Stewart being in a race car again and how they planned to handle it.
And in the other NA clip below, you can see Brian Vickers talk about what he sees as NASCAR showing proper understanding of Stewart’s circumstances in allowing him to be eligible for the Chase if he makes it in.
“As someone who’s been out of the car several times for medical incidents, I’m happy to know that if I was out of the car for some reason that I’d get a chance to get back in the Chase,” Vickers said today with a reference to his past bouts with blood clots that ended his 2010 and 2013 seasons early.
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 0
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 1
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 1
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0