Aug 29, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Tony Stewart‘s return to competition means a lot to his fellow drivers and teammates in the Sprint Cup garage, who have not seen him at the track for the last three weeks.
As you’d figure, many of those drivers were asked about the importance of Stewart being in a race car again and how they planned to handle it.
And in the other NA clip below, you can see Brian Vickers talk about what he sees as NASCAR showing proper understanding of Stewart’s circumstances in allowing him to be eligible for the Chase if he makes it in.
“As someone who’s been out of the car several times for medical incidents, I’m happy to know that if I was out of the car for some reason that I’d get a chance to get back in the Chase,” Vickers said today with a reference to his past bouts with blood clots that ended his 2010 and 2013 seasons early.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 2
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 6
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1