Aug 29, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Tony Stewart‘s return to competition means a lot to his fellow drivers and teammates in the Sprint Cup garage, who have not seen him at the track for the last three weeks.
As you’d figure, many of those drivers were asked about the importance of Stewart being in a race car again and how they planned to handle it.
And in the other NA clip below, you can see Brian Vickers talk about what he sees as NASCAR showing proper understanding of Stewart’s circumstances in allowing him to be eligible for the Chase if he makes it in.
“As someone who’s been out of the car several times for medical incidents, I’m happy to know that if I was out of the car for some reason that I’d get a chance to get back in the Chase,” Vickers said today with a reference to his past bouts with blood clots that ended his 2010 and 2013 seasons early.
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2