Aug 29, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Tony Stewart‘s return to competition means a lot to his fellow drivers and teammates in the Sprint Cup garage, who have not seen him at the track for the last three weeks.
As you’d figure, many of those drivers were asked about the importance of Stewart being in a race car again and how they planned to handle it.
And in the other NA clip below, you can see Brian Vickers talk about what he sees as NASCAR showing proper understanding of Stewart’s circumstances in allowing him to be eligible for the Chase if he makes it in.
“As someone who’s been out of the car several times for medical incidents, I’m happy to know that if I was out of the car for some reason that I’d get a chance to get back in the Chase,” Vickers said today with a reference to his past bouts with blood clots that ended his 2010 and 2013 seasons early.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 11
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0