Aug 29, 2014, 7:29 PM EST
In Practice 1, Buescher (177.880 mph) and Kenseth (177.357 mph) actually went first and second on the time sheets ahead of Ty Dillon (176.313 mph) and two more Cup drivers – Kyle Busch (175.927 mph) and Joey Logano (175.743 mph). Defending race winner Kevin Harvick had the eighth-fastest lap (175.354 mph).
Then in Practice 2, Kenseth, by way of a lap of 177.738 mph, was the quickest. Dillon ran slower than he did in Practice 1, but moved up to second behind Kenseth with his lap of 176.201 mph.
Logano was third (176.173 mph), followed by Nationwide Series points leader Chase Elliott (175.755 mph) and Practice 1 leader Buescher (175.171 mph).
Each session had just one caution period, both times for debris.
Nationwide Series qualifying will take place tomorrow at 4:10 p.m. ET, followed by the Great Clips 300 benefiting Feed The Children later that night at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4