Aug 29, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
In Practice 1, Buescher (177.880 mph) and Kenseth (177.357 mph) actually went first and second on the time sheets ahead of Ty Dillon (176.313 mph) and two more Cup drivers – Kyle Busch (175.927 mph) and Joey Logano (175.743 mph). Defending race winner Kevin Harvick had the eighth-fastest lap (175.354 mph).
Then in Practice 2, Kenseth, by way of a lap of 177.738 mph, was the quickest. Dillon ran slower than he did in Practice 1, but moved up to second behind Kenseth with his lap of 176.201 mph.
Logano was third (176.173 mph), followed by Nationwide Series points leader Chase Elliott (175.755 mph) and Practice 1 leader Buescher (175.171 mph).
Each session had just one caution period, both times for debris.
Nationwide Series qualifying will take place tomorrow at 4:10 p.m. ET, followed by the Great Clips 300 benefiting Feed The Children later that night at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and he wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14