Aug 30, 2014, 7:48 PM EDT
FONTANA, Calif. – Following his accident on Friday night, Mikhail Aleshin has been upgraded to stable condition in hospital.
Here’s the medical update:
Medical update from Dr. Terry Trammell, INDYCAR Medical Consultant:
Mikhail Aleshin was upgraded to stable condition following a procedure for a chest injury at Loma Linda University Medical Center on Aug. 30. The Verizon IndyCar Series driver will remain hospitalized while he recovers from the procedure.
Aleshin was admitted to the hospital on Aug. 29 following a multi-car accident during final practice for the Verizon IndyCar Series race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. Charlie Kimball, the other driver involved in the incident, was checked and released from the infield care center and was cleared to drive.
- Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 17