Aug 30, 2014, 7:48 PM EDT
FONTANA, Calif. – Following his accident on Friday night, Mikhail Aleshin has been upgraded to stable condition in hospital.
Here’s the medical update:
Medical update from Dr. Terry Trammell, INDYCAR Medical Consultant:
Mikhail Aleshin was upgraded to stable condition following a procedure for a chest injury at Loma Linda University Medical Center on Aug. 30. The Verizon IndyCar Series driver will remain hospitalized while he recovers from the procedure.
Aleshin was admitted to the hospital on Aug. 29 following a multi-car accident during final practice for the Verizon IndyCar Series race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. Charlie Kimball, the other driver involved in the incident, was checked and released from the infield care center and was cleared to drive.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0