Aug 30, 2014, 7:48 PM EST
FONTANA, Calif. – Following his accident on Friday night, Mikhail Aleshin has been upgraded to stable condition in hospital.
Here’s the medical update:
Medical update from Dr. Terry Trammell, INDYCAR Medical Consultant:
Mikhail Aleshin was upgraded to stable condition following a procedure for a chest injury at Loma Linda University Medical Center on Aug. 30. The Verizon IndyCar Series driver will remain hospitalized while he recovers from the procedure.
Aleshin was admitted to the hospital on Aug. 29 following a multi-car accident during final practice for the Verizon IndyCar Series race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. Charlie Kimball, the other driver involved in the incident, was checked and released from the infield care center and was cleared to drive.
Video from NASCAR America
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 16