Aug 30, 2014, 7:48 PM EDT
FONTANA, Calif. – Following his accident on Friday night, Mikhail Aleshin has been upgraded to stable condition in hospital.
Here’s the medical update:
Medical update from Dr. Terry Trammell, INDYCAR Medical Consultant:
Mikhail Aleshin was upgraded to stable condition following a procedure for a chest injury at Loma Linda University Medical Center on Aug. 30. The Verizon IndyCar Series driver will remain hospitalized while he recovers from the procedure.
Aleshin was admitted to the hospital on Aug. 29 following a multi-car accident during final practice for the Verizon IndyCar Series race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. Charlie Kimball, the other driver involved in the incident, was checked and released from the infield care center and was cleared to drive.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1