Aug 30, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Alex Tagliani will look to win his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut from the pole position tomorrow at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
The open-wheel veteran broke a new track record with a final-round lap of 109.889 mph in the No. 19 Brad Keselowski Racing Ford F-150 to claim pole for the Chevrolet Silverado 250 (1:30 p.m. ET, check local listings).
Keselowski himself took the No. 19 in the series’ most recent race last week at Bristol Motor Speedway.
And with Tagliani’s superb road racing abilities, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Canadian at least contend for victory on the 2.45-mile, 10-turn circuit in Bowmanville, Ontario.
He will be joined on the front row by NTS Motorsports driver and K&N Pro Series East regular Gray Gaulding, who’s making his sixth Truck Series start of the year. Gaulding posted a fast lap of 109.301 mph in the No. 20 Chevy Silverado.
Another Truck Series part-timer, Erik Jones, will start on the inside of Row 2 for Kyle Busch Motorsports (109.269 mph). On the outside will be Red Horse Racing’s German Quiroga (109.212 mph), who led one of the two practice sessions earlier today.
Cole Custer and the other leader from today’s practice sessions, Andrew Ranger, make up Row 3. Darrell Wallace Jr. and Matt Crafton follow them in Row 4, and Row 5 features Timothy Peters and Cameron Hayley.
Truck Series points leader Johnny Sauter will start 11th, on the inside of Row 6.
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 0
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 1
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1