Aug 30, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Alex Tagliani will look to win his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut from the pole position tomorrow at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
The open-wheel veteran broke a new track record with a final-round lap of 109.889 mph in the No. 19 Brad Keselowski Racing Ford F-150 to claim pole for the Chevrolet Silverado 250 (1:30 p.m. ET, check local listings).
Keselowski himself took the No. 19 in the series’ most recent race last week at Bristol Motor Speedway.
And with Tagliani’s superb road racing abilities, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Canadian at least contend for victory on the 2.45-mile, 10-turn circuit in Bowmanville, Ontario.
He will be joined on the front row by NTS Motorsports driver and K&N Pro Series East regular Gray Gaulding, who’s making his sixth Truck Series start of the year. Gaulding posted a fast lap of 109.301 mph in the No. 20 Chevy Silverado.
Another Truck Series part-timer, Erik Jones, will start on the inside of Row 2 for Kyle Busch Motorsports (109.269 mph). On the outside will be Red Horse Racing’s German Quiroga (109.212 mph), who led one of the two practice sessions earlier today.
Cole Custer and the other leader from today’s practice sessions, Andrew Ranger, make up Row 3. Darrell Wallace Jr. and Matt Crafton follow them in Row 4, and Row 5 features Timothy Peters and Cameron Hayley.
Truck Series points leader Johnny Sauter will start 11th, on the inside of Row 6.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3