Aug 30, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt’s No. 3 GM Goodwrench Chevrolet remains one of the most iconic sights in American racing and perhaps, American sport in general.
But this may be the strangest place we’ve seen that midnight-black No. 3 pop up in recent times.
Today pretty much marks the start of the college football season, and one of the early marquee match-ups involves West Virginia and No. 2-ranked Alabama – which just happens to be going down at the Georgia Dome, not too far from the ongoing NASCAR weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Georgia.
So far, the Mountaineers have hung tough with the mighty Crimson Tide, down only 20-17 at halftime. West Virginia’s doing all they can to get the upset, and that includes calling on the Intimidator.
And a guy with a mustache (that isn’t Dale Sr.). And a can of Red Bull. And a pair of red lips.
This shot comes from one Jason Gould (@confirmed104) on Twitter. And we wouldn’t know where to begin in trying to decipher what the Mountaineer coaches are calling here.
Which is probably the point.
For more on today’s games, head over to College Football Talk.
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 0
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 1
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 0
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 9
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1