Aug 30, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt’s No. 3 GM Goodwrench Chevrolet remains one of the most iconic sights in American racing and perhaps, American sport in general.
But this may be the strangest place we’ve seen that midnight-black No. 3 pop up in recent times.
Today pretty much marks the start of the college football season, and one of the early marquee match-ups involves West Virginia and No. 2-ranked Alabama – which just happens to be going down at the Georgia Dome, not too far from the ongoing NASCAR weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Georgia.
So far, the Mountaineers have hung tough with the mighty Crimson Tide, down only 20-17 at halftime. West Virginia’s doing all they can to get the upset, and that includes calling on the Intimidator.
And a guy with a mustache (that isn’t Dale Sr.). And a can of Red Bull. And a pair of red lips.
This shot comes from one Jason Gould (@confirmed104) on Twitter. And we wouldn’t know where to begin in trying to decipher what the Mountaineer coaches are calling here.
Which is probably the point.
For more on today’s games, head over to College Football Talk.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1