Aug 31, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
When it came to determining the most popular driver during pre-race introductions of Sunday night’s Oral-B USA 500, there was no doubt about the outcome.
Fans at Atlanta Motor Speedway voted with their cheers and applause, yelling and clapping the loudest for Tony Stewart.
Having missed the last three races due to the Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy, Stewart made his first NASCAR race appearance since the August 9th incident at an upstate New York dirt track.
Stewart qualified 12th for the 325-lap event around the 1.5-mile track.
While some might think it a surprise that Stewart received so much love, one other driver received the most boos and catcalls: Kyle Busch.
No surprise there.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 1
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 10
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0