Aug 31, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
When it came to determining the most popular driver during pre-race introductions of Sunday night’s Oral-B USA 500, there was no doubt about the outcome.
Fans at Atlanta Motor Speedway voted with their cheers and applause, yelling and clapping the loudest for Tony Stewart.
Having missed the last three races due to the Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy, Stewart made his first NASCAR race appearance since the August 9th incident at an upstate New York dirt track.
Stewart qualified 12th for the 325-lap event around the 1.5-mile track.
While some might think it a surprise that Stewart received so much love, one other driver received the most boos and catcalls: Kyle Busch.
No surprise there.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 9
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5