Aug 31, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
When it came to determining the most popular driver during pre-race introductions of Sunday night’s Oral-B USA 500, there was no doubt about the outcome.
Fans at Atlanta Motor Speedway voted with their cheers and applause, yelling and clapping the loudest for Tony Stewart.
Having missed the last three races due to the Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy, Stewart made his first NASCAR race appearance since the August 9th incident at an upstate New York dirt track.
Stewart qualified 12th for the 325-lap event around the 1.5-mile track.
While some might think it a surprise that Stewart received so much love, one other driver received the most boos and catcalls: Kyle Busch.
No surprise there.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3