Aug 31, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
When it came to determining the most popular driver during pre-race introductions of Sunday night’s Oral-B USA 500, there was no doubt about the outcome.
Fans at Atlanta Motor Speedway voted with their cheers and applause, yelling and clapping the loudest for Tony Stewart.
Having missed the last three races due to the Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy, Stewart made his first NASCAR race appearance since the August 9th incident at an upstate New York dirt track.
Stewart qualified 12th for the 325-lap event around the 1.5-mile track.
While some might think it a surprise that Stewart received so much love, one other driver received the most boos and catcalls: Kyle Busch.
No surprise there.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0