Aug 31, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
When it came to determining the most popular driver during pre-race introductions of Sunday night’s Oral-B USA 500, there was no doubt about the outcome.
Fans at Atlanta Motor Speedway voted with their cheers and applause, yelling and clapping the loudest for Tony Stewart.
Having missed the last three races due to the Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy, Stewart made his first NASCAR race appearance since the August 9th incident at an upstate New York dirt track.
Stewart qualified 12th for the 325-lap event around the 1.5-mile track.
While some might think it a surprise that Stewart received so much love, one other driver received the most boos and catcalls: Kyle Busch.
No surprise there.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 1
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 0
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 0
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 1
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0